All Ya'll Ancestors

Pocket Tree

Pocket Tree
Keep your ancestry in your pocket!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sentimental Sundays - Orange Mint Drink Wedding Punch


I have no idea how old this recipe is. 
At least as old as Canada Dry Ginger Ale, which according to Wikipedia was created in 1904.
I DO know that this is the same punch recipe that
Bernice Faires Parker used at her daughter's wedding.
(Wilma June Parker to Henry Vissotzky). 
It was also used at her granddaughters weddings.
It may have even been used at Bernice's wedding to
Harvey Kenneth Parker in the 1920s...
which would mean that this recipe really is from Bernice's Mom,
 Birdie Belle Neighbors. 
Although that is somewhat presumptious,
because it could just as well have come from Harvey's mom,
Elizabeth "Lizzie" Andress, for their wedding.
I used it at my son's Boy Scout Eagle Award ceremony. 
Whenever he gets married, it will most likely be HIS wedding punch.
Bernice used to always make it for us when we would go visit her in Texas.
Let me tell you, there is nothing like it on a hot Texas day!
Not even sweet tea.
It's all about tradition!

5 comments:

  1. What...no Tang? :-)
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have chosen you for the "One Lovely Blog Award!" Please visit my blog "Genealogy and Me" at http://genealogyandme.blogspot.com/2011/03/one-lovely-blog-award.html for your badge and acceptance rules and Keep on Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Theresa - hmmm....TANG! lol! You may have just stumbled onto something there! I will most definitely have to try that next time I make this - stay tuned for updates! Could make it even "more better"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lori - AAAWWWWW you are too sweet! Thanks! I will definitely look up your blog and the badge! That is really nice of you - What a great way to start a new week...and SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds yummy! I'll be trying this one in the near future! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ancestors Gotta Eat!