All Ya'll Ancestors

Pocket Tree

Pocket Tree
Keep your ancestry in your pocket!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Broken Glass Jello & Graham Cracker Dessert from Mrs. Potter in Illinois

Broken Glass Jell-O dessert! 
It is a gray day here in the south...and I need this recipe. 
 When you slice it it looks like broken stained glass...or a cathedral window. 
Which leads me back to the gray day.  I need this recipe because of the name! 
 I can close my eyes and imagine I am in front of a beautiful stained glass cathedral window,
being warmed by the filtered sunlight streaming through. 
It's a long shot, I know, but that is what I think of when I think of stained glass. 
It leads me back to a visit in Germany -
My 8 year old son and I 
stepped into church with the most beautiful cathedral windows. 
Timing is everything,
because it also happened to be the practice time for the organist. 
My young son and I sat down,
with the warm colored light playing down upon us,
and listened to some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard. 
How can one not feel closer to your maker, no matter your religion, when in a setting such as that? 
Which is why I must make this recipe, to remind me of special times! 
Bless Mrs. Potter from Illinois, for bringing it to whatever function
Bernice Parker attended.
I think I will save it for Easter..
stay tuned for added photos to this post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ancestors Gotta Eat!