All Ya'll Ancestors

Pocket Tree

Pocket Tree
Keep your ancestry in your pocket!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

English Muffins


Oh do you know the muffin man,
the muffin man, the muffin man?
Who didn't sing this nursery song while growing up? 
I'm not sure who Mary H. was - one of June Parker Vissotzky's
many good friends. I have an idea who it was...but
can't ever know for sure since all that was written
was Mary H's cookbook.
I made English Muffins once. 
once being the keyword.
They made great dog frisbee treats, and flung really well off the deck!.
Let's just leave it at that, shall we?
My Dad always enjoyed a good English Muffin.
They were a real treat for breakfast on the weekends.
He also really enjoyed breakfast. 
I would have liked to make English Muffins for him.
Good English Muffins. 
Not the dog frisbee kind.
Maybe I should try again
using June's recipe from Mary H's cookbook!
I hear the muffin man calling me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ancestors Gotta Eat!