All Ya'll Ancestors

Pocket Tree

Pocket Tree
Keep your ancestry in your pocket!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pineapple Icebox Dessert with Vanilla Wafers

Opal Faires Troop never had any kids. 
My husband and sister-in-law remember her as being very set in her ways
and always having to be on best behavior when they went to visit her in Oklahoma City.
Maybe it's because I met her as an adult. 
Or maybe it's because she was always nice to me and loved
holding my son when he was a baby.
But I liked Opal.
I liked Opal alot.
And I miss her now that she is gone. 
Which is why it is especially nice to have her recipe. 
It's the kind of recipe you could take to a potluck and never get a chance
to try it unless you were in the front of the line.
I doubt you'd have even have a crumb to bring back. 
Especially on a hot summer day.
It will be here soon enough!  
But until it is...make your family some of Opal's Pineapple Icebox Dessert
and make your plans for warmer weather!  

2 comments:

  1. that sounds really yummy! would have like to had some a couple of days ago when it was 90 degrees here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh wouldn't that have been great while it was so warm? Maybe later this week again - in my neck of the southern woods!

    ReplyDelete

Ancestors Gotta Eat!